Each Agent listens for requests over a network port determined at random when it launches. This port can be discovered by listening to the heartbeats delivered by Agents at regular intervals.
- To access this process from the command line, make use of the
- Each Agent running will have a unique combination of NodeName and AgentName.
- There are a certain set of requests that all Agents will respond to.
- Get a list of available Agents:
This will display a variety of parameters about each Agent, the most important of which are their NodeName and AgentName. Each Agent running will have a unique combination of NodeName and AgentName.
List Available Requests
- Each Agent can be programmed to respond to a variety of additional requests. The function and calling format of all of these requests are available through:
$ agent NodeName AgentName
- Running this command with no additional arguments will list all available requests that can be made to the Agent.
To make a request to an Agent with AgentName and NodeName, where request=request string, **args=request arguments(if any) :
$ agent NodeName AgentName request args